Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Inspiration

Every time I walk or work out, I find inspiration in something around me. What I love about Littlefield's are the discreetly placed posters containing inspirational words. While working out, I read and re-read the words...trying to ingrain them in my mind so that I can call them back to memory when I'm hitting a rough patch. There is a saying about Love being a journey, not a destination and I remind myself to keep this in mind about my weight loss journey. It won't always be pretty and it will be hard, slogging work, but if I continually put one foot in front of the other, I'll make progress.

Kendra Littlefield put a link to this blog on the Littlefield's Gym website so that I may inspire others. Me? I hadn't thought of offering inspiration to others. :) I want to focus on this journey and help others if I can. You are not alone. Just saying those words reminds me that neither am I. I have friends, family, and medical professionals who are in my circle of support. I am a happy woman who appreciates that support and I hope to help others along the way. My emotions and thoughts are feeling jumbled and scattered so I'm rambling. Tomorrow I will post what my short and long-term goals are. If I can just break the 260 lb. barrier, I think I will be over the hump.

No comments: