Monday, April 14, 2008

Food journals, anyone?

I got to work today and found that after an active weekend, I gained a pound and a half. Oh, well. I am determined to continue and to do better...whatever that looks like. I know that persistence will prevail.

I have always hated having food journals, but if now is the time to get serious, I need to shake hands with the process and get it done. One of my largest challenges is getting in the snacks required for the PCOS eating plan. I barely have enough time to use the bathroom in between classes so eating then (in five minutes), is just not practical. I may have to build in a couple minutes to eat the necessary snacks.

The easiest meal of the day for me is breakfast. I could eat one egg and a serving of Raisin Bran with milk along with the coffee forever. I now use either "Yellow" or "Blue" in my coffee and iced tea instead of sugar. Now I need to work on getting in the snacks and to continue preparing my lunches for work. Today I had 4 oz. ham, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, 1 serving broccoli and cauliflower, a banana, and a yogurt. I should have saved the yogurt for my afternoon snack, but I ate it now.

No comments: