Sunday, April 20, 2008

Changes

I've had this blog for a week now and it's helped me tremendously as far as being honest with myself. Since being featured on the Littlefield's Gym homepage one day, I feel that I can't let anyone down, most of all myself. I've had a great week as far as eating and moving more. I only went to the gym one night, Tuesday, but I've walked at least fifteen minutes each day and some days an hour! Tonight I am headed over to a friend's house to watch a movie and I'm putting on my walking shoes so I can walk to her house, which is a bit over a mile away. I never would have done this before so I know that I'm stronger already.

At the suggestion of my friend Jeff, I went to Caswell's Liquidation and bought a package of divided plates so I can make meals ahead of time. The plan is to make three main dishes and sides, save out some for the week, and freeze the rest so I will have ready-made, preservative-free choices. I have washed twelve plates for this and have my Sharpie pen at the ready for labeling contents and date frozen. I selected three dishes from my favorite cookbook "Saving Dinner the Low Carb Way" by Leanne Ely and will start preparing soon. At this point, I still have some choices in my freezer that I want to consume before turning it over to "Meal Heaven." :)

Off for my walk!

No comments: