Monday, April 28, 2008

First Major Accomplishment!

Well, as of today I am down eighteen pounds since January. Woo hoo! Go, me! :) I was 294 in January and now I'm 276 as of today. (I'm using the scale in the nurse's office at school.)

I recognize how great this is, but I know that I need to continue taking each day as it comes so I won't lose sight of the "continuous goals" I have. Along with this weight loss, I have gone down a dress size from a 26/28 to a 22/24; I haven't worn this size since early last summer. My goal size is a 14/16.

My next major goal is to lose eighteen more pounds to get to 258. I am so tempted to set a date of attaining this goal; however, I know myself and that might set me back if I think I have more time to accomplish it or get discouraged if I don't.

Along with a weight loss and dress size achievement, I also am finding that I'm much stronger and more energetic in my daily life. I love walking and going to the gym and I find myself looking for more active pasttimes than watching TV, being on the computer, or reading.

I made up two different main dishes, side dishes, and vegetables last Tuesday and then made my own frozen dinners. I've brought one today with a recipe I'll probably make again: Crockpot Goulash. It has red cabbage, lean pork, onion, garlic, and caraway seed. Just before it's served, light sour cream is added. I included rice and green beans on the side and made sure that half of the dish was green beans rather than the main dish.

No comments: